Friday, March 14, 2008

I Heart Books

It's a Friday night and instead of being out on the town I am sitting at the computer requesting books from my local library. I told my husband that I am such a nerd for this; he said I wasn't a nerd I was simply well-informed. I guess that is a nice way to put it. I got a magazine from the library called Bookmarks which is filled with lists of all kinds of different books. So of course I had to get my hands on the ones that sounded interesting.
Here are the three that I picked out:
1: First Among Sequels - A Thursday Next Novel, By Jasper Fforde (no that is not a typo there really are two f's) Turns out that it is a series. I usually don't like to jump into the middle of series but I think I might this time.

2. Three Days to Never, By Tim Powers. Albert Einstein is involved some how and he is an interesting guy.

3. Songs of Innocence and of Experience, By William Blake. I thought why not throw in some poetry to made it a well rounded list.

So there you have it. My late night book adventures. Right now I am reading Fearless, By Tim Lott. I am not very far, but so far so good. I plan on reading some more tonight (of course).
Feel free to let me in on some good reads. There's always room for one more book.
(Speaking of one more book here's the book that I can hardly wait to read.
It's the last in the series.)
The cover hasn't even been revealed yet!
Breaking Dawn, By Stephenie Meyer

No comments: